Sunday, April 17, 2005

Baby Kissing Politicians Feel Our Pain

We don't elect officials to "feel our pain." We elect them to prevent it. When they can't, we expect them to hunt down and punish those who caused it. When I want empathy I'll call a therapist. I just wish that when I wanted justice I could call a politician.

With regards to "If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to call me directly, here’s my number…”, fat chance of this response. Most of the mayoral candidates cannot even be reached personally by email (not even from their websites) when they are running for office and want something from us, namely our votes. I have sent numerous polite emails to the candidates and have yet to recieve a personal reply. How much less likely is it that they will be responsive to my needs when they have already achieved their sole objective, attaining elected office?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home